18420 Spring Creek Dr
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Phone: (708) 342-1700
Fax: (708) 342-1709
Arts et Musées
Built in 1861, the Lemont Methodist Episcopal Church is a historic landmark on Lemont Street in Lemont, Illinois. It holds significance by being a community activities center, and was also used as a recruiting depot during World War I. The architecture of the building finds inspiration in that of New England Churches replete with a bell tower and spire. It was listed on the National Register in 1986.
This center offers displays, self guided tour brochures and video presentations about Pullman, the country's first planned industrial community. Exhibits include "Pullman: The Man, The Car, The Company, The Model Town, The Strike, The Landmark Community in Chicago." The foundation also operates the Pullman Historic Landmark District Hotel Florence Restaurant & Museum, named for George Pullman's daughter.
Oldest limestone church in Northern Illinois. Featuring special exhibits, ball rental, and the history of Dellwood Park.
Students of labor, civil and human rights history will be fascinated with this exhibit located in the historic Pullman District. The gallery is named in honor of Asa Philip Randolph and the Pullman Porters, who together formed the first African-American labor union in the country. A fine collection of well-preserved photographs and memorabilia serve to illustrate and commemorate a milestone in American history.
Established to preserve the ethnic Slovenian heritage and honor the immigrants who settled the area.
Gallery 7, established in 2007 as a part of the Rialto Arts District, is a fine art gallery located in the heart of downtown Joliet and features the work of nine local artists.
This historical house that was erected way back in 1882 is now the P. Seth Magosky Museum of Victorian Life & Joliet History. This museum conserves and displays collection pertaining to the Victorian era and historical heritage of Joliet region. Check website for details.
Isle a la Cache Museum is a local museum that gives an insight into the trading customs and traditions of the bygone era. Period costumes, mock trading for children where they can actually experience barter system and much more awaits you here. For more details, check website or call ahead.
For the would-be traveler who wants to visit Lithuania, this museum is the largest of its kind in the United States and is a fantastic place to start. Visitors are given personal attention from the moment they walk in the door. An orientation video provides a brief history of Lithuania, a glimpse of the green countrysides, rocky seashores and ancient castles brimming with legends. Visitors can then browse Lithuanian history and culture in the museum. Artifacts include a spectacular coat of armor, treasured relics donated by Lithuanian immigrants, native costumes from the different provinces and some of the most beautiful amber you will view anywhere. Be sure to visit the gift shop before you leave. Here you can find everything from Lithuanian candy to books on every subject. The museum also offers language classes and art workshops.
A museum in the southern side of Chicago, it is the first and only African American children’s museum in the country. It was founded in the year 1998 and moved to its current location in the year 2008. It was founded by retired public school teacher, Peggy Montes, with a mission to serve children between ages three and nine. It is named after the neighborhood in Chicago with a large concentration of settlement of African Americans.
Previously used as a showroom of the Excelsior Brick Company, the Gregg House now operates as a museum. The historic structure was built in 1872 and displays the Victorian style of architecture. It is operated by the Westmont Historical Society, which strives hard to preserve and protect it. The property was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
While the name Lorado Taft has faded, his works, including "The Fountain of Time," continue to impress after more than a century. Founded in 1906, this historic site is where Taft, an Illinois native and world-renowned artist, created several monumental, heroic sculptures. The studio was also a spawning ground for aspiring artists Taft instructed until his death in 1936. It is still used as a teaching haven for artists, and has been an official landmark since 1993.