Sleep Inn & Suites Austin - Northeast
8410 Highway 290 East
Austin, TX 78724
Phone: (512) 524-5400
Fax: (512) 524-5401
University of Texas Visitors Information Center
Mo to Fr from 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM,Sa from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PMThis historic building was originally designed as the Austin Asylum for the Blind in 1857. In post-Civil War Reconstruction, Major George Armstrong Custer occupied it. Today, it is a starting point for visitors to the University of Texas campus. Prospective students are encouraged to visit the Freshman Admissions Center located in this building to receive admission counseling and information about the university, as well as attend programs especially designed to meet the needs of incoming freshmen.