5555 Interstate Blvd.
Austintown, OH 44515
Phone: (330) 544-5555
Fax: (330) 544-7454
Restored in 1982, the Lanterman
Cherry Valley Coke Ovens is a historic site that comprises of about 200 beehive coke ovens, one of the largest sites in all of North America. These ovens were built under the Leetonia Iron and Coal Company in the mid 1800s as a method to filter coal which was then used to make steel and iron. Today, the site has been converted into a wooded park and includes several hiking trails around the ovens. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993 and to the Ohio Historical Maker in 1999.
Several types of fields are available at Crazy Dave's Paintball.
Nestled among the sprawling woods in the Nelson Township, the Nelson Ledges Quarry Park is spread over 250 acres (101.1 hectares). A paradise for any adventure-seeker or nature lover, this park is great to spend a day in the woods, hiking, swimming in the lake, or camping with the whole family. Also, the park also plays host to a number of music festivals throughout the year, so do see the website to plan your visit.
This park has a 390 acre lake for fishing and boating. Boat rental is available and there are 42 campsites with electric, showers and modern restrooms. There is also a swimming beach with showers, picnicking and shelterhouse.
Constructed in the early 1900s as the family home of the late Col. William Henry Morgan. It is now the home of the Alliance City School District's Administration Offices.
Overlooking downtown New Castle, the Scottish Rite Cathedral is "a structure of great historical and architectural significance." Today it is used as a Masonic Temple, public banquet facility and a magnificent 2,800-seat auditorium, which is the "home away from home" for the Pittsburgh Symphony.
The New Castle Public Library is the District Library Center for Lawrence, Butler, Mercer, and Armstrong Counties. Located on the second floor, the History Room includes fantastic collections of family histories, census records, standard reference works, county histories of Pennsylvania and other genealogical material.
John Johnson Farm is a prime site in the Hiram Township in Portage County in Ohio. It occupies immense monumental value and is surrounded by a lavish farmland, rolling hills and woods. From 1831 to 1832, the site served as the Joseph Smith's Church of Christ. It is a fine representation of the Colonial architectural style and is a stern structure even today, more than a century after its construction. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
Perfect for the whole family, this large petty zoo features animals from around the world, including timber wolves, lambs, kangaroos, sheep, camels, llamas, pot belly pigs, yaks, zebras, monkeys, bears, turkeys, alligators, snakes and deer.