11155 SR 212 N.E.
Bolivar, OH 44612
Phone: (330) 874-3435
Fax: (330) 874-2412
This park offers plenty of activities for the whole family including a picnic area, concessions, a swimming pool, antique carousel, teen center, and various other entertaining events.
The Tuscarawas County Courthouse is a historic landmark that sits on East High Avenue, enchanting passers-by with its architectural brilliance. The dome is its most striking feature and can be seen from afar. The stone used for this building was brought in from Medina, a railroad track being specially constructed nearby for this purpose. Today, the courthouse houses the Common Pleas courtrooms and several judicial offices.
Saint Joseph's Roman Catholic Church is an architectural landmark in Massillon. It is designed in the Gothic architectural style replete with a square tower and beautiful stained-glass work. This church building features on the National Register of Historic Places, and hosts weekly mass and services.
The First Ladies National Historic Site is a highlight in the Canton cityscape. The Ida Saxton McKinley Historic Home preserves and conserves the house of the First Lady. The Education and Research Center is another immensely significant highlight. Here, the first floor features a large exhibition hall, a theater, and a miniature library room that depicts some of the most iconic artifacts of First Lady Abigail Fillmore. The second story constitutes the National First Ladies’ Library. Several other rooms in the building comprise of conference spaces, storage as well as office spaces. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 31, 2001.
Located in the Saxton Mckinley House, the library provides information and resources pertaining to the history and contributions of First Ladies.
Recreational choices abound at Atwood Lake with two full service marinas, park, campground, swimming beach, public launch ramps, and hiking trails. Atwood Resort & Conference Center offers an 18 hole golf course, a 9 hole lighted par tree course, swimming pools, tennis courts and vacation cabins along with dining in a first-class resort facility.
This late 19th-century, Beaux Arts Classic structure is one of the stately courthouses in the state. The site at which the County Courthouse and Annex stands today had two other courthouses earlier, making it the third of its kind on that place. This four story building has beautiful Roman arches and ornate squares. Its two porticos facing the Tuscarawas Street and the Market Avenue are simply elegant. The courthouse underwent a huge restoration program in 1992 which ended in 1995 and is back to its former glory. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
The St. Peter's Cathedral of Canton is a historic church located in Canton, Ohio. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
The St. Mary's Catholic Church, or Neue Katholishe Mu, is a historic church located in Massillon, Ohio. The church was constructed in 1876 using various forms of architecture such as Gothic and High Victorian Gothic styles. The stone structure of the church features a large rose window at the front, a pair of turrets and statues near the windows. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
This reconstructed village includes seventeen log buildings, gardens, the original mission cemetery, and a museum and visitor center. The site also includes natural areas and picnic facilities.
The 1821 home of Quakers Thomas and Charity Rotch. Areas of interest include the basement family kitchen with bakeoven, attic beehive, tiny playroom, secret staircase, wig and false teeth drawers, hiding place for escaped slaves under the rafters, and original antique furniture.
Laser Quest is live action laser tag at its best. Enter the multi-level arena where fog, music and special effects combine to provide an incredible combination of tag and hide & seek. For family and group events, birthday parties or on your own, Laser Quest is interactive intense fun for ages 7-77.