Sleep Inn Brentwood - Nashville - Cool Springs
1611 Galleria Blvd.
Brentwood, TN 37027-2926
Phone: (615) 376-2122
Fax: (615) 309-8157
The Owen-Primm House is a Greek Revival house which belonged to Jabez Owen, a prominent doctor. Originally built in 1806, the house has undergone several alterations. Because of its rich history and period architecture it was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
The city of Brentwood, Williams County in Tennessee is home to a Native American archaeological site called the Fewkes Group Archaeological Site. Famously also regarded as the Boiling Springs Site, it comprises of the remains of a Mississippian culture complex and village that dates back to 1050. The features five mounds, of which some are used for burials, while the largest one was a ceremonial mound. At present, apart from the prehistoric civilization remains, the area also features the Boiling Spring Academy, a schoolhouse that originated in 1823.
The renowned Samuel Crockett House is also famously referred as the Forge Seat. The structure depicts a rare Hall-parlor plan and is registered on the National Register of Historic Places. The house was home to the Crockett family and continues to occupy historic significance even today.
Fort Granger was constructed as part of the military strategy during the American Civil War. It came into prominence during the Battle of Franklin when it was used as a headquarter by Federal General John M. Schofield. Fort Granger faced several fierce attacks from the Confederate cavalry units. Though now the site has been transformed into a city park, the trenches that were dug by the troops still exist.
The St. Paul's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Franklin, Tennessee. Built in 1831, this church is a fine example of Gothic Revival style architecture and features red brick exteriors and gable roofs with elegantly designed stained glass windows. The property was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
The McGavock Confederate Cemetery is located in the city of Franklin. This place has been the burial ground for over 1500 Confederate soldiers who lost their lives in the Battle of Franklin. The area has been divided into 13 sections for the fallen soldiers belonging to 13 different states of US.
Possibly the five bloodiest hours of America's Civil War took place here at the Battle of Franklin. On November 30, 1864, Carnton was occupied by Confederate troops moving toward the well-entrenched Federal army. A devastating battle ensued. Later, the mansion housed hundreds of the more than 6,000 Confederate casualties from that battle. Adjacent to the property is the largest private Confederate cemetery in America.
Constructed in 1897, the Knights of Pythias Pavilion or the Carlisle House, was designed Henry Gibel and is a classic example of Classical Revival architecture. With the pavilion being originally constructed in Nashville for the 1897 Centennial Exposition, the building is a good example of a frame house. It was later bought and moved to Williamson County without any alterations and has one of the most extraordinary designs in the region.
Set in the luscious hills of Davidson County, this tourist hot spot is as close as you can get to natural wilderness. Go on a hiking trail in the forest area or catch the wildlife in its most natural form. If you're lucky, you may be able to observe some of the rarest species of wild birds here. Don't forget to see some of the most exotic floral wonders the park features. The sprawling 85-acre (34.398-hectare) lake provides the perfect centerpiece for this tourist haven, which is at its best in autumn. They have a strict no-dogs, no-jogging and no-biking policy, though it is allowed on Otter Creek Road. Radnor Lake State Natural Area is open to the public everyday starting at 6am.
Christ Presbyterian Church is housed in a beautiful location, with a lovely garden filled with beautiful flowers and a cross in the centre. This church, with an amazing structure, believes and promotes the teaching of Jesus Christ. The motto of the church is to foster community spirit and brotherhood and the church has a lot of active youth programs as well. On Sundays, they have praise and worship services followed by classes, where they teach people about God and the preachings of Jesus Christ.
Winstead Hill Park is a 61 acre (24.6858 hectare) park located in the city of Franklin. This place has been the site for historic battles and has walking trails and large open areas studded with trees.
Step back into time as costumed docents take you on a guided tour of life as it was in the 1800s. Stroll through the lovely boxwood garden and view the plantation outbuildings. Special exhibits and events, such as "Celtic Music Festival" and "Heirloom Quilts" are scheduled throughout the year. The Peach Orchard Gift Shop offers a variety of mementos. Space is also available to rent for group gatherings.