115 Tolley Dr.
Bridgeport, WV 26330
Phone: (304) 842-1919
Fax: (304) 842-9524
It is the mission of the Bridgeport Public Library to provide materials, resources and services which help patrons meet their personal, educational, cultural and professional information needs.
The early records of the Church states that the Church was founded and constituted by five members and was ministered to be itinerant pastors during the period between 1770 and 1780. It was recognized as the oldest existing Baptist Church in West Virginia. It is generally accepted that this church is the oldest existing Protestant church west of the Allegheny Mountains.
The Simpson Creek Covered Bridge was washed out in 1889 and relocated in its present location. It is open to foot travel.
Valley Worlds of Fun is a family entertainment center dedicated to wholesome fun for kids of all ages. Furthermore, it is a tobacco and alcohol free facility. The center features seven acres of fun including 24 bowling lanes, lasertag, arcade, himalayan, tea cups, bumper cars, twister, whirly bird, inflatable soft play, bumper boats and their newest attraction, the valley freefall.
Known as the oldest standing home in Marion County, this log home is open for tours seasonally and also by appointment. "Forgotten Arts and Crafts" workshops, private lessons and demonstrations are scheduled throughout the year.
This beautiful 30 acre lake is surrounded by 695 acres with hiking and picnic areas. It is managed by the Marion County Parks and Recreation Commission.
This state park was once the site of a lumber and grist mill community and is now a 1,145 acre park. The 12 and 18 foot falls are the centerpiece of the park. Activities you can enjoy here include picnicking, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking and cross country skiing.
This rustic log fort was carefully reconstructed to resemble the 1774 original that occupied this site. Located within the compound are 16 cabins, a meeting hall, and storehouse which features authentic demonstrations of colonial crafts. You can also see the restored home (circa 1859) of Job Prickett which has some of its original furnishings. Enjoy picnicking, an amphitheater for the performing arts, and a boat-launching ramp which affords access to the Monongahela River. Tours are offered and admission is charged.
This Tudor Revival style carriage house was originally the stables for a coal baron. It and its beautiful grounds have been restored by Friends of High Gate, Inc. Various activities, including weddings, receptions, lectures and art exhibits are held here.
Central United Methodist Church, also known as "The Father's Day Church", is the descendant church of Williams Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church, where the first observance of Father's Day was held on July 5, 1908.
Offers a wide selection of informational resources including books, magazines, videotapes, CD's, and books on tape. Children's programming, reference Internet access, FAX, and notary public are just a few of the additional community services provided. It is open Monday through Saturday.
Enjoy a day of playing miniature golf with a coal mining theme or try your luck at the batting cages. A snack bar, gift shop, and picnic area are also offered.