134 22nd Street
Brooklyn, NY 11232
Phone: (347) 415-8388
Fax: (347) 415-8389
Fourth Avenue Station had is a New York City Subway station located at the intersection of Ninth Street and Fourth Avenue in Park Slope, Brooklyn. The station has four tracks and two side platforms. This station had opened on October 7, 1933 and was added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on July 6, 2005.
The Eighteenth Avenue Armory is a monumental National Guard Armory building. Also famously referred as the 14th Regiment Armory and the Park Slope Armory, it is precisely located in the South Slope vicinity of Brooklyn. Designed and structured in 1893, it is a brick and stone castle-like structure. The design speaks for the reminiscent of medieval military structures of Europe. It comprises of a two story, flat roofed administration building coupled with a one and a half story, barrel vaulted drill shed, encompassing 70,000 square foot (6500 square meters). It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Park Slope Jewish Center is an egalitarian Conservative synagogue in Brooklyn, New York City. The synagogue was built in 1925 as the orthodox Congregation B'nai Jacob. The building is a two-and-half story structure and has Romanesque and Baroque styles design elements. It also has the Star of David on its exterior masonry and a domed skylight. It got added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 11, 2002.
To view some of the finest mansions in New York City, a visit to the Park Slope Historic District is a must. Filled with gorgeous row houses with traditional Romanesque arches, beautiful mansions complete with Venetian style balconies and even a few historic religious buildings, the Park Slope Historic District is an architecture lover’s dream come true. The Park Slope Historic District was included on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
The Ninth Avenue Station is a bi-level station of the New York City Subway in Brooklyn. Consisting of a two platforms with three tracks, the upper level is the only one still in use. The lower one occasionally serves as a filming point where various films are shot. Built in 1916, it is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The St. Paul's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Brooklyn, New York. Built in 1867, this church was designed by famed architecture firm Richard Upjohn & Son. This High Victorian Gothic building features stone exteriors, rose windows and beautiful stained glass windows, in addition to arched entrance ways and steep gabled roofs. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
Designed by George L. Morse, this building is beautifully designed with stained glass windows and the interiors are extremely artistic and visually appealing. At this church you can also find an original pipe organ which is quite a rarity these days. The mission of the community besides worship is also to offer sanctuary to anyone seeking spirituality and hope. Join their many organizations and groups which focus on growth and enrichment.
Part of the Berkeley Carroll School, the Berkeley Carroll Athletic Center is an ideal establishment for sporty recreation and athletics. The center is a perfect professional set-up for people of all ages to get the athlete in them up and running. With a basketball court, equipped gymnasium and weight room there is everything you will need for a healthy workout. After getting your adrenaline rush by scoring baskets or pumping iron, you can cool off in their huge four lane swimming pool! There are regular athletic and swimming classes provided too and the facilities are open for everyone, from Berkeley students and their families to alumni and local community.
Home of the Brooklyn Society of Friends, the Friends Meetinghouse was built in 1857 in the Greek Revival and Classical Revival style. This elegant brick meetinghouse is a three and a half floor structure and was marked as a New York City landmark in 1981. The school was constructed in 1902 opposite the meetinghouse and is of similar architecture. The Friends Meetinghouse and School were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
The Hanson Place Seventh-day Adventist Church, formerly known as the Hanson Place Baptist Church is a historic church in Brooklyn, New York. Built by George Penchard, this Early Romanesque and Classical revival style church features a pedimented porch. The place is a New York City landmark and also on the National Register of Historic Places.
Built in 1928 by Paramount Studios, this movie theater seated 4,124 but was closed in 1962. Now it serves as a gymnasium for the Long Island University. The building has lost some of the original look but still contains the original Wurlitzer organ. Several concerts are held here every year and feature prominent organists brought together by the Theater Organ Society of New York, which maintains the Wurlitzer. Originally called the Brooklyn Paramount Theater, it was owes its present name to the benefactors who funded its refurbishment. It serves largely as the home for the basketball teams of the University.
Lafayette Avenue Presbyterian Church is a charismatic multiracial and cultural church cradled in the center of Brooklyn’s historic Fort Greene neighborhood. It was founded in 1857, and was known as a "temple of abolition” due to slaves worshiping in the church. The church complex is made up of the 1896 church building with an attached rear chapel and Community House. It is a heritage and a beautiful place of worship. The four-story bell tower is a landmark to identify the church in the local surrounding. The Church is made up of three floors, the basement, first and second floor. It is also known for its lovely stained glass and is one of the most beautiful monuments that will leave you inspired.