Sleep Inn & Suites
2307 Southgate Parkway
Cambridge, OH 43725
Phone: (740) 435-0035
Fax: (740) 435-9466
Built in 1881, this Second Empire style structure is the most striking building in the neighborhood. The Guernsey County Courthouse has a beautiful carved sandstone facade with roofed towers and hip roofs. The central tower features a four-faced street clock. It was the first of its kind to be designed by Joseph W. Yost. The courthouse is well known for its Holiday Light Show when it is all decked up in colorful lights, displaying various animated light affects. This happens during the month of November till the first week of January.
The Wilds is located at Muskingum County, Ohio. This private wildlife conservation center is located on a reclaimed coal mine and is the largest wildlife conservation center for endangered species in North America. It is home to 25 non native and hundreds of native endangered plants and animals. Some of the species found here are Brow-antlered Deer, Chinese Goral, East African Oryx, Indian Rhinoceros, Reticulated Giraffe to name a few.
St. John's Lutheran Church is a historic church located at Zanesville, Ohio. The church was built in 1926 in Late Gothic Revival style architecture using bricks and stones and features a plain gable roof with turrets and a rose window. The church building was added to the list of National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
Located in the city of Zanesville, the John McIntire Library houses a vast collection of books spanning various topics such as arts, literature, science and business. Best- selling novels as well the latest movies and music DVDs are also available here. It has a meeting room and organizes special events like book discussions, craft workshops for children and theatrical performances.
The Zanesville Y Bridge as it's name suggests is a Y-shaped bridge. This bridge stretches across the point of convergence of Licking and Muskingum Rivers, and has been serving the region since 1902. It was also incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1973.