Sleep Inn Carlisle
5 East Garland Drive
Carlisle, PA 17013
Phone: (717) 249-8863
Fax: (717) 249-8893
5 East Garland Drive , Carlisle, PA, US, 17013
- Phone: (717) 249-8863
- Fax: (717) 249-8893
Bosler is a community library that offers a variety of collections, services and programs with 98,000 books, magazines and videos.
The Two Mile House is a Federal-style limestone building that features 12 rooms, 10 of which contain fireplaces that feature Doric-style pilasters and a central panel with oval medallion. The Two Mile House is open to the public from May through September on Wednesday afternoon from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., or by appointment.
The James Given Tavern popularly known as the Two Mile House has adapted the Federal style of architecture. The house was a tavern and served patrons till 1857; this historical tavern was included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1992.
Amelia S. Givin Free Library was built in 1889 and features on the National Register of Historic Places. Its Romanesque Revival architectural features include hand carvings, arched windows and exquisite moorish fretwork. This public library is a neighborhood landmark.
Kings Gap offers a panoramic view of the Cumberland Valley and environmental education programs from the pre-school environmental awareness program to environmental problem solving programs. 16 miles of hiking trails interconnect three main areas and are open year-round.
The 696-acre Pine Grove Furnace State Park features two lakes: the 25-acre Laurel Lake and Fuller Lake, which is 1.7 acres. A National Historic Area, this park features such seasonal activities as picnicking, ice skating, boating, swimming, hiking, fishing, cross country skiing, bicycling, hunting, snowmobiling and camping.
Dill's Tavern is a quaint little structure which was built in 1755. It has a mix of of the Early Republic and Colonial Revival styles of architecture. The tavern has undergone modifications in the later years, but has been preserved exceptionally well. Today, it functions as an interpretive history center and is open to public. The entire house can be explored by the visitors, so that they can have a feel of the 18th century living conditions. The facility is also available as a rental space for private events like weddings, meetings and reunions. A mix of modern facilities with the backdrop of an ancient structure is the perfect combination to host your intimate events.
A walk on the campus of the Messiah College can really be a treat to the senses. The sprawling lawns, the historic campus buildings, the gorgeous woods, and the beautiful river that flows adjacent to the campus, all make for a very education conducive atmosphere. One of the premier Christian colleges in the country, Messiah College has had its run of controversies, rewards, and stellar alumni. Nonetheless, the college still strives to provide its students an excellent overall education, while imbibing the Christian way of life and values on them. See the website or call to know more.
Located in a narrow valley created by Fowler Hollow Run at the edge of the Tuscarora State Forest, guests visiting the 104-acre Fowlers Hollow State Park will enjoy hiking, fishing, camping, picnicking, and cross-country skiing.
The region of Camp Hill in the Cumberland County is bequeathed with an ancient Lutheran church site, namely the Peace Church. Dating back to 1798, it is also referred to as Die Friden Kirche and was founded by German farmers. This structure has adapted the Georgian style of architecture and is also included in the National Register of Historic Places.
Eight miles north of Newville and nine miles south of Landisburg in Doubling Gap, Colonel Denning State Park features 273 acres of woodland and the three and a half-acre Doubling Gap Lake. Guests can enjoy such seasonal activities as swimming, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, cross-country skiing, picnicking, and ice skating.
The Heikes Covered Bridge is a covered bridge that stretches across the Bermudian Creek. This Burr-truss bridge was erected way back in 1892, and it also features in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.