Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello
1185 5th St. SW
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Phone: (434) 244-9969
Fax: (434) 244-9968
Overlooking Monticello and Thomas Jefferson's first vineyards, this vineyard is one of the East Coast's most prestigious wineries and it contains 50 acres of award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, and Chardonnay.
The oldest public cemetery in Charlottesville, this historic landmark provides a glimpse of the lives of past citizens including the graves of at least three Confederate Generals, as well as other local citizens who distinguished themselves in the Civil War.
The Delevan Baptist Church is also referred to as the First Baptist Church or First Colored Baptist Church. This Victorian Romanesque style structure was incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places and is also a part of the Fifeville and Tonsler Neighborhoods Historic District.
McIntire Building, located in Charlottesville, with its grand and historic appearance instantly grabs your attention and interest. The structure is designed in the Beaux-Arts style and dates back to 1921. However, due to the depleting condition of the building, the entire place was renovated in the year 1993. It housed the first ever library of the city which is functional even today. Currently, the Historic Society of Charlottesville, that owns and manages it, hosts exhibitions and other events here. For more facts and details, call ahead.
In 1784, a cozy house in the small town of Charlottesville, Virginia, offered warm hospitality to weary travelers by providing food and accommodation. Two hundred years down the line, the descendants of the house continue the tradition and welcome visitors with the same affinity and friendliness of that era. Here, guests are invited to take an interactive tour of this historic site and travel back in history as one strolls through various well-preserved sections of the tavern. The dining serves a traditional Colonial feast. The tavern also accommodates private events, banquets and social functions. Also, there is a gift shop, metal smith store and vintage clothing store on the premises where you can take home souvenirs as a reminder of the great experience at the tavern. All in all, the old-world charm is hard to ignore and thus requires a visit during your trip to the city. Check website for your timings.
Thomas Jefferson's architectural masterpiece and beloved mountaintop home, this historic property offers daily tours including his intimate private suite of rooms, the sensations of his gardens, orchards, and vineyards, and the stories of slaves who worked and lived on the plantation.
This monument is in memory of approximately 1,100 Confederate soldiers buried at the University of Virginia. An eight foot bronze statue of a young Confederate solider stands atop this twelve foot high gray granite monument and four encircling bronze tablets carry the names of the soldiers buried at the cemetery. Seventeen blank spaces on the tablets represent unknown soldiers.
Situated on vineyard sites chosen and planted by Mr. Jefferson in 1774, this vineyard currently produces nationally recognized, award-winning wines from European varietals and the vineyard manages 50 acres of total production in Albemarle County.
Producing award-winning wines for over 20 years, this vineyard is the oldest in Albemarle County and they also offer private label wines, rental facilities for corporate or private events, and wine related gift items for sale in their antique filled tasting room.
Specializing in exceptional, world-class wines in the classic European style, this exquisite winery produces award-winning Chardonnay, Vidal Blanc, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon. An inviting, 5,000 square foot tasting room is also on site, as well as a gift shop and picnic facilities.
Founded in 1878 by Samuel Miller, the Miller School of Albemarle is a co-educational day & boarding school and college for students from the 8th Grade to post graduate level. It is one of the oldest co-education schools of its kind and was designed by D. Wiley Anderson in Gothic and High Victorian Gothic architecture style. The grand structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. Today the school area covers 1600 acres (647.49 hectares) and has a lot of curricular as well as extra-curricular activities to offer.
Established in 1745, Grace Episcopal Church is one of the oldest places of worship serving the community in Keswick. The beautiful Gothic Revival building which currently houses the congregation was constructed in 1847 and has undergone extensive repairs since. The church actively engages with the community through its numerous outreach programs and events.