2351 Shallowford Village Dr.
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Phone: (423) 894-5333
Fax: (423) 894-9813
2351 Shallowford Village Dr. , Chattanooga, TN, US, 37421
- Phone: (423) 894-5333
- Fax: (423) 894-9813
This is a city location for Muslim worship and other services.
Chattanooga's Audubon Society operates these two facilities to provide a haven for wildlife and lovers of the great outdoors. Audubon Acres features over 10 miles of hiking trails on 140 acres in the wooded hills of East Tennessee. Numerous exhibits showcase the types of wildlife including endangered species, which are indigenous to this area. Admission is $2 for adults and $1 for children. Maclellan Island is a 20-acre strip of land in the middle of the Tennessee River that can only be reached by boat or canoe. Regular excursions to the island can be arranged through the Audubon Society. The island is extremely biodiverse with plants and animals found nowhere else in the world.
Clarence T. Jones Observatory is managed by the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. It was opened in 1938, and the observatory allows free entry and conducts special tours and programs for the general public.
The Tennessee RiverPark is one of the city's most popular park, stretching for ten miles. The concrete trail is a favorite of joggers, bikers and strollers alike. The park also features picnic areas with grills, river access, fishing and general outdoor fun for all kinds of people.
There's nothing like a trip to the zoo. Children love to watch animals in their natural environment. At Warner Park, you won't find a giant panda or a pride of lions, but you will find jaguars, monkeys, birds, small mammals and reptiles. The small size makes it ideal for bringing young children without fear of losing them in the crowd. Small selections of barnyard animals live in the petting zoo, providing city folk with a glimpse of the country.
Take an exhilarating trip on the Cannon Ball Roller Coaster, featured on the Discovery Channel and PBS as one of oldest (and safest) wooden coasters in the nation. Cool off as you ride a boat through a quiet tunnel only to be dropped 40 feet into a lake below. Need something a little more relaxing? Settle into a seat on the ferris wheel or ride the tour train that circles the entire park. There are over 30 rides in all. Lots of food, fun and games for the entire family at Chattanooga's only amusement park.
Rows and rows of short white granite rise from the ground as a stark reminder of those who gave their lives in battle. This national cemetery is the second largest in the USA, and was established in 1863. Over 12,000 Union soldiers were buried here during the battles in and around Chattanooga, most notably "Andrews Raiders," the first four men to win Medals of Honor. Veterans of the Civil War, World War I, World War II, Korea and Vietnam are resting here, too. All U.S. Veterans of the Armed Forces are eligible for interment in this beautiful cemetery.
Founded and established in 1910, the Ferger Place Historic District is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga’s original subdivision of single-family houses, the Ferger Place dates back to the 1900s. It covers 24 acres (9.7 hectares) of land and is inclusive of a wide spectrum of architectural patterns of buildings. These homes were constructed from 1910 through to the 1930s. For a considerably long span of time, the Ferger Place had stayed true to its Victorian style with houses, replete of open rooms, porches, multiple windows and high ceilings. Of great historic significance, the district was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 1, 1980.
Mirroring Chattanooga’s unique heritage and the transformations that have taken place over time, Fort Wood is located close to the Eastern boundaries of Chattanooga of 1838. It was taken over by the city in 1851. During 1900 and 1910, Fort Wood gained prominence as an affluent neighborhood and many esteemed citizens built their homes here. The area still retain its charm and is beautifully lined with trees, and the structures are fine examples of the early 20th-century styles of architecture.
This downtown museum features a collection of 247 artifacts from the personal collection of Mose and Garrison Siskin. The Siskins founded a physical rehabilitation hospital, preschool and steel company here in Chattanooga. Among the artifacts are Christian and Judaic pieces from the 16th to 20th centuries, made of stone, wood, fine art, ivory, porcelain and silver. In addition to western religions, Buddhism, Hindu and Confucianism are also represented. Admission is free.
Traveling from New York to Massachusetts and spending a great deal of time in Atlanta, this beautiful carousel was built by Gustav Dentzel in 1895. It delighted and served Atlanta residents until its dismantling in the 1960's after a lack of funding. A group of local Chattanooga investors found the tattered remains and hired a company of artists to restore the grand merry-go-round, adding new horses, sleds and other animals so it could be admired at its present home in Coolidge Park. Children can ride atop a valiant steed for a mere 50 cents and parents can join them or watch from the comfort of a nearby rocking chair.
Perched atop the rocky cliffs overlooking the Tennessee River is the Bluff View Art District, Chattanooga's address for fine art and sculpture. Visitors desiring accommodations off the beaten path can sleep in luxury at the Bluff View Inn Bed and Breakfast and enjoy a meal at one of the area's restaurants. Evenings, partake of the coffee houses and nightlife, and afternoons can be spent strolling through the sculpture garden.