998 Lovejoy Street
Buffalo, NY 14206
+1 716 896 9553
One of the last green spaces that remains from the days when the Lovejoy Neighborhood
was known as Churchyard Farm and owned by soon-to-be-President Millard Fillmore, this small park has become a sort of environmental shrine for the residents. It was named after Father Louis Hennepin, the first European to see Niagara Falls, and dedicated to the people of Lovejoy in 1913. In the past, the park, which juts onto Bailey Street, was used for a number of recreational purposes, including jogging, sledding and ice skating. Today, most of those activities are gone, however it still remains a somewhat tranquil oasis from yesteryear in the middle of the Lovejoy.