5100 Armour Road
Columbus, GA 31904
Phone: (706) 653-1330
Fax: (706) 653-1695
A state-of-the-art entertainment facility which offers ten movie theaters and over 100 video and entertainment games.
The First African Baptist Church Parsonage is a historic landmark in Columbus. Originally, it was constructed in the year 1915. The religious building is constructed with the utilization of bricks and asphalt. The architectural design followed is the Late Victorian style. Of immense historic value, this church and parsonage was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
A simple Federal style cottage that is considered the oldest house in the original city and believed to be a prefabricated house. The original kitchen is located in the basement and period outbuildings, a slave cabin which housed ten to fifteen slaves, and gardens planted with period flowers and herbs are also on site.
This simple four room Greek Revival cottage was the home of Dr. John Stith Pemberton and his family until 1860. Dr. Pemberton, who was a pharmacist in Columbus and later in Atlanta, was the originator of the formula for Coca-Cola. The cottage features an apothecary shop and has been carefully furnished to approximate the surroundings in which Dr. Pemberton worked. Coca-Cola Company momentos, pharmaceutical items, a soda fountain, and advertisements of Dr. Pemberton's are some of the items on display in the cottage.
Considered to be the oldest structure in Muscogee County, this two century year old cabin is a great example of a dwelling used by traders in the early 1800's prior to the settlement of Columbus and was built when the influence of Indian house styles was still present.
Now housing the offices of Historic Columbus Foundation's Riverfest Weekend and Heritage Tours, this double pen structure house, a house that has two front doors, also serves as a house museum which contains displays depicting the area's history.
Nestled on 1,600 acres of hardwood wetland habitat in a bend of the Chattahoochee River, this nature discovery center features two nature trails which wind between ponds and allow visitors to view native flora and fauna. A hands-on interpretive facility is also on site that focuses on the natural and cultural history of the region.
One of the important posts during the Creek War, Fort Mitchell was constructed under the strict supervision of General John Floyd by American soldiers. The fort was active during the Creek War, First Seminole War and Civil War. Now, this historic fort has been converted into a state park and features museum, visitor center and Chattahoochee Indian Heritage Center, that preserve and share the history of this fort.
Pasaquan is a vision of an eccentric man called Eddie Owens Martin who christened himself as St. EOM. It is said that Eddie had a series of dreams from three people who belonged to the future from a land called Pasaquan. They had chosen him to convey through art a peaceful world for humans is coming in the future. Spanning across seven acres (2.83 hectares), this art site constitutes of six buildings which includes an 1885 farmhouse. All the structures are done in bold colors and lively patterns. They also feature figurines and nature as well. Over 2,000 art pieces of St. EOM such as drawings and paintings are displayed here. Get ready for a colorful visual display here.