Sleep Inn & Suites
5094 State Park Rd.
Dublin, VA 24084
Phone: (540) 674-4099
Fax: (540) 674-2874
Claytor Lake State Park is sprawled across 4,500 acres of land along the artificial Claytor Lake in the New River Valley of Virginia. A fantastic place for water lovers, hikers, swimmers, campers and marine enthusiasts, Claytor Lake State Park owes its name to W. Graham Claytor, who managed and supervised the construction of the beautiful lake. Currently, the park is governed by the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation, and is a hot spot for campers and hikers. Tents with cabins are available for overnight camp groups. It also provides a plush meeting facility 'Water's Edge' and a fine visitor's center. Head here for an exciting hiking trail or simply cherish some moments of leisure. Call for more information.
The historic home of General Gabriel Colvin Wharton who named this Italian Victorian house after Glencoe, Scotland, the site of the 1692 massacre of the MacDonald clan by the Campbells; General Wharton is a descendent of the Campbells. The house is filled with original furnishings, artifacts, and memorabilia.
A lovely 58 acre park that provides access to acres of fields and woodland, as well as access to the east bank of the New River. The park also includes jogging trails, tennis courts, a swimming pool and picnic shelters.
A long and interesting history can be found at this 50 acre wooded valley that includes a stream, Connelly's Run, woodland habitat, marshy areas, meadows, and limestone cliffs with tufa formations. A bikeway runs through the valley and there are hiking trails on both sides.
Donated to the town by the N&W Railroad, the east end of the park features a statue dedicated to Confederate soldiers, placed by the town in 1917. A gazebo which is the site for summer concerts is also on site, as well as an original fountain, Civil War and World War I cannons, and a memorial.
Originally built as a vaudeville house, converted into a dry goods store during the depression, and revived as a movie house in 1937, this theater has been a cornerstone of Downtown Pulaski. The Friends of The Pulaski Theater, a not-for-profit citizens' organization, is restoring this theater in the hopes of bringing motion pictures back to downtown, as well as using the theater as a place for music and small theater performances and for civic gatherings and events.
Constructed of Peak Creek Sandstone, this historic courthouse combines elements of the Richardsonian Romanesque and Queen Anne styles of architecture. The clock and the belfry were added in 1911 and the courthouse is home to the New River Heritage Exhibits, an historical museum containing artifacts and geological specimens discovered in the County of Pulaski. Guided tours are available on the first Saturday of each month.
The Colonial architectural style of design that is spread over 4.5 acres (1.8 ha) of land is the Smithfield home. This beautiful L shaped structure, features huge ceilings, vast rooms, and beautifully decorated bedroom furniture. This home was detailed and decorated in an unusual style. The property is currently open as a museum, along with a great tour, that offers a guide to describe about the beauty of the home and grounds, the house also offers a great plantation area where one can enjoy the beauty of the garden. The events held here are amazingly stunning, one can host their birthday or wedding celebration on this historic property. The museum is open to all where one can browse the unique artifacts placed in there.
This 11,113 acre wilderness is the largest in the Jefferson National Forest and it consists of a highland plateau which sits squarely on the eastern continental divide. The wilderness also features stands of virgin spruce and hemlock and a mountain bog and war spur overlook which provides exceptional views of most of the wilderness. Outstanding opportunities for primitive camping and other recreation are available.
A 3,328 acre wilderness which features a mountain bog and numerous sandstone outcroppings on the crest of Peters Mountain that affords rewarding views of the countryside.
Spread across 2,600 acres, this university was founded in 1872 and features a variety of academic disciplines for students pursuing undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. Campus venues such as McCormas Hall, English Field and War Memorial Hall host a number of arts and athletic events throughout the year. Visit the website for additional information.
Open year round, this area consists of a group of three fields located on the edge of Craig Creek with each field containing a group fire ring. A stocked trout stream is also on the property. C