Misión de Corpus Christi de Ysleta del Sur
131 South Zaragoza Road
El Paso, TX 79907
+1 915 859 9848
The Misión de Corpus Cristi de Ysleta del Sur has a long history, going all the way back to 1682, when it was established by the Tigua Indians. The Tribal community sought refuge at this site while fleeing Spanish forces in 1680 and built a structure made of adobe. Over the next few centuries the mission suffered casualties as fire and flooding ransacked the building(s). It was rebuilt and moved several times until it reached its present site in 1908. It is considered the oldest continuous parish seat in Texas and it is also known as Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church.