Cathedral of St. Peter the Apostle
123 North West Street
Jackson, MS 39201
+1 601 969 3125
Organized in Jackson in 1846, the first Catholic Church was burned by General William Tecumseh Sherman in 1863. A second structure suffered a similar fate; the current cathedral was begun in 1897 and dedicated three years later. As the seat of the archdiocese, St. Peter's is home to the area's Catholic bishop and serves as general headquarters for Catholics in the state. Daily and weekly masses are held, with confessional services taking place every Saturday.