Pavilion at the Old Post Office
1100 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20004
+1 202 289 4225
The Pavilion at the Old Post Office was built in 1899 and served as the main post office for the country. Saved from demolition, it was renovated and reopened in 1983. Today, it provides a little of everything, office space for the National Arts and Humanities Endowments, shops and restaurants. Under the building's enormous atrium, visitors may browse, play a round of miniature golf and enjoy free concerts at noon. Do not miss a ride up the clock tower for one of the most spectacular views of the city.