595 Warrenton Rd.
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Phone: (540) 372-6868
Fax: (540) 899-9193
Tu to We from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM,Th to Sa from 11:00 AM to 07:00 PM
The Washington Club was founded in 1891 for “literary purposes, mutual improvement and the promotion of social intercourse.”
The Washington Club was the first women's organization to be included in the D.C. area. Men were not involved in the club until 1979. The Club's extensive library, one of its most well-known features, is a collection of books from its members, and many extraneous books have been donated to hospitals, schools, and the Library of Congress. The Club has changed location several times because of its growing size, eventually moving to its current location in 1951.
The Club hosts many guest speakers that cover a wide range of interesting topics, as well as other events like Bridge Marathons and book discussions for the literary minds.