834 Windslow Ave
Gaffney, SC 29341-2623
Phone: (864) 487-5337
Fax: (864) 487-5339
Built in 1851 with Gothic Revival style of architecture, the Episcopal Church of the Advent is one of the historic churches that continue to function till date. With a lot of struggle, it has strived to exist even today. The splendid exteriors and the soothing interiors of the building make it a beautiful place of worship. Regular services, including religious ceremonies are held at the church.
It is a historic church that was founded in the 19th Century. Of all the things the church is known for, the Central United Methodist Church holds a powerful healing service on the third Tuesday of every month from September till May. Built in 1880s and remodeled in 1896, this landmark organizes Bible studies and prayer group meetings. Music is a key element in the Central Methodist Church as talented musicians come and enrich the congregation and the people of Spartanburg. The church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.
Spartanburg is a growing city located on the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. This city is home to a diverse group of people and culture that has added much to the art scene and festivities in the city.
Mary H. Wright Elementary School is a historical school that is named in the honor of its founder, Mary H. Wright. Started in 1909, this reputed educational institute is still operational and continues its endeavors in the field of academics.
Located across West Main Street, the First Baptist Church has been renovated and refurbished several times. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, architect J. M. McMichael designed this beautiful structure. Though the church is deep-rooted in history, it does have a futuristic approach and accommodates the societal changes too. It believes in spreading the message of Jesus through community service and harmoniously works with the other churches too. The First Baptist Church also hosts events like choir concerts, youth programs, prayer meetings and bible study. For more details and its monthly event schedule, please check the church's website.
Built in 1925, Rutherford County Court in North Carolina illustrates the Renaissance school of architecture. This elegant building was designed by Louis H. Asbury, a notable architect of the state. It covers an entire block and is made exclusively of Indiana limestone. The front facade exhibits six large columns in the Corinthian style, and on a closer look one can observe the intricate lotus and acanthus leaf patterns engraved on it. The historic courthouse has a much deserved listing in the National Register of Historical Places.