Sleep Inn & Suites
1650 York Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Phone: (717) 334-3866
Fax: (717) 334-0114
The city of Gettysburg has always been associated with the historic battle of Gettysburg which took place in 1863. There is much to see and do here including a visit to 10 war memorial museums, guided tours to the actual battlegrounds, horse-riding and city walks. Enjoy your evenings by unwinding at the many wineries and traditional inns which serve up delicious fare to amiable locals and visitors. Although touristy, Gettysburg has retained its old-world charm, and is replete with motels and family-run bed & breakfasts. So get to Gettysburg soon!
Established in 1787, Great Conewago Presbyterian Church is one of the oldest places of worship in the region. The historic structure has been well-maintained, with most of its original features remaining intact. Besides the main building, the church precinct features a historic cemetery as well as the beautiful fellowship hall which is used for community events.
Conewago Chapel is located in Conewago Township, Pennsylvania. It is an ancient Roman Catholic basilica dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The chapel is also known as Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It was built in 1787, and is constructed of brownstone with three-feet (0.9-meter) thick walls. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in January 29, 1975.
The Emmitsburg Historic District is a great historic district that holds the history of several prominent people, organizations, structures, events, etc. that have helped make this community elite. This district features some of the oldest extincts of the town that include residential areas, commercial buildings, churches, and homes of the locals that reflect the simplicity yet richness in it's architecture.
The Harbaugh's Reformed Church is a historic church in the town of Washington in Pennsylvania. Built in 1892, this Late Gothic Revival church features red brick exteriors and stained glass windows and also has a cemetery on the church grounds. The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002 and can be rented for private events and functions.