101 VFW Avenue
Grasonville, MD 21638
Phone: (410) 827-5555
Fax: (410) 827-8801
101 VFW Avenue, Grasonville, MD, US, 21638
- Phone: (410) 827-5555
- Fax: (410) 827-8801
The first courthouse in the county is a simple one-room wooden structure. Tours are available by appointment.
Great for business meetings, family reunions, outdoor weddings, or weekend retreats. Enjoy hiking, biking, watching wildlife; group camping by reservation. Open sunrise to sunset.
Located on Centreville's western peninsula, Reed Creek Farm was established by Colonel Thomas Wright in 1775. It remained a family home of the Wrights, till the 1900s until it was bought by the Smiths and subsequently by the Simmons in 1997. The two-storied brick house, is styled in Gregorian architecture, surrounded by acres of farmland. A distinctive feature of this estate is the lavender mound located to the west.
Doncaster Town Site is located near Easton, Talbot County, Maryland. This is an archaeological site and is located on one of the earliest land grants in Talbot County. The first Roman Catholic Church was built on the Eastern Shore of Maryland at this very site. The archaeological discovery suggests that the site would have had inns, a chapel, ferry, stores and a number of houses. This site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in September 5, 1975.
The St. Paul's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Centreville, Maryland. The church complex includes the church building and an adjoining cemetery. The church was built in 1853 by architect Richard Upjohn in his trademark Carpenter Gothic style of architecture and features a steep roof and small bell tower. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
A 413 acre sanctuary featuring shoreline, old-growth forests, and farmland. Nature trails, displays, confidence course, birding, canoeing, and programs for adults and children.
Located on the banks of the beautiful Miles River, the vineyard is first and only licensed winery on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. The four varieties of grapes harvested produce merlot, pinot noir, chardonnay and a light red spring wine. Tours and tastings are available by appointment only.
The Sandy Point Farmhouse is one of the most celebrated farmhouse sites in the whole of Maryland. It is more precisely situated at the Sandy Point State Park in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. The site has featured in the National Register of Historic Places.
Located along the gorgeous Chesapeake Bay, Sandy Point State Park is a 786 acre (318 hectares) that has been one of the states natural gems since 1952. The scenic water views make it an ideal place for a picnic or leisurely stroll. The soft sandy beaches are packed on hot summer days and make for a great swimming spot, complete with lifeguards. Fishing and crabbing are also allowed from the park's shoreline, however licenses are required. The marina offers 22 launching ramps day-use slips that are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The renowned and reputed Edmee S. is a Chesapeake Bay sailboat that was formerly known as Cecilia Mae. Owned by the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, it was incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
E.C. Collier is a Chesapeake Bay fishing boat that was built in 1910. It is 52 feet (16 meters) long and has two sails. The vessel is one of 35 surviving traditional Chesapeake Bay fishing boats and is a member of the last commercial sailing fleet in the United States. Presently, it is located at Tilghman, Talbot County, Maryland. The vessel was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 16, 1985.
The Edna E. Lockwood is a sail boat that was mostly used for dredging. Constructed in 1889, this bugeye is now under the ownership of Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum. The historic Edna E. Lockwood was incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.