2224 US 41 N.
Henderson, KY 42420
Phone: (270) 830-6500
Fax: (270) 826-5406
2224 US 41 N., Henderson, KY, US, 42420
- Phone: (270) 830-6500
- Fax: (270) 826-5406
Home to Audubon's Grist Mill and the Blue's & BBQ Festival, the John James Audubon State Park attracts tourists throughout the year. It is a fitting abode to the legacy of the greatest naturalist, John James Audobon whose works are still exhibited in a small museum. Camping grounds are available for those who would like to stay overnight and avail the barbecue grills, showers, picnic tables and play areas. Call for details.
Perched right next to Ohio River, the Audubon Mill Park offers a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere to its visitors. You can simply sit on the wooden benches and read a book or watch the boats passing by. This otherwise serene space comes alive during summer, when its plays host to the summer concerts and festivals. DHP Summer Concert Series, W.C. Handy Blues Festival and Bluegrass in the Park Folklife Festival are some of the popular events held here.
The St. Paul's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Henderson, Kentucky. The church was built by Bishop Smith and Benjamin Bosworth in 1860 and is a prime example of Gothic Revival architecture. The church building features a steep gable roof and several gabled porches and a few lancet windows. The structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Burdette Park & Aquatic Center—a place for all in the family to have fun together. The Aquatic Center is well equipped with the water rides and slides. Lounging on the float or deck for that sun tan—it's all possible here. Refreshments at food stalls too are well placed, so are the safety measures. Racing, golfing or batting all can join in the merriment. Exciting camps are available for all the kids. And for the people who want to prolong their stay, there are the pretty lodges, chalets and party houses. It's a scenic place surrounded by oaks and birches.
The imposing structure brick structure on the Southeast Third Street has its history rooted in the middle of 19th Century. This Methodist church was first established in 1865 and was the first of its kind in the city. Today, the people of Evansville visit this huge religious center for various community activities, as well as religious events. The church organizes various programs for kids as well as adults to spread the teachings from the bible. Sunday morning worships are held for the members of the church, with the soothing sounds from the Wicks Pipe Organ played by the members of the church choir.
A nine-hole miniature golf course, Howell Park Par 3 Miniature Golf is fun for the whole family.
Known as "The New Central Library," it features collection rooms, a computer lab, two floors of public service space, meeting rooms, a children's area, cafe, and a courtyard.
Hands on Discovery Children's Museum is a 20,000 square foot children's learning center featuring interactive exhibits for the whole family.
Designed by architect Henry W. Wolters, the Old Vanderburgh County Courthouse is a fine example of Neo-Baroque architecture.
A restored Georgian style home built of brick and stone, the Willard Carpenter House features a balanced facade and a classic facade.
Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve is secured in midst of beautiful trees and trails. Family, fun & flourishing nature—all can mingle for an exhilarating experience. All the possible children's events in nature is taken care for. For families, it has night hiking, campfires, special events for the bird lovers and for the kids, there choices are innumerable. There are wood & walking stick carving classes, bird, butterfly & squirrel house building workshops & scout programs too. Weekends, holidays or just the evenings, sparing time to visit Wesselman Woods; one of the best places to be close to pristine nature.
The history of this site dates back to over a thousand years and has been home to many Native Americans. It is one of the best preserved prehistoric Native American sites tht can be found in the United States of America. This place is of immense historical importance and is full of pre-historic artifacts such as site of the chief's residence, religious locaations, burial sites, garbage dumping grounds and even natural elevations. This site is named after the Angel family that owned a farmstead here till the year 1938.