300 N Farish St
Jackson, MS 39202
+1 601 352 6923
This two-story classic revival brick structure was built in 1903 by Thomas Hill, uncle of Kermit Wells Holly; thus, the interesting name. Located in Jackson's Farish Street district, the Hill-Holly has witnessed nearly a hundred years of local African-American history from its perch on North Farish. Today, it is the proud home of Jackson's leading black newspaper, the Jackson Advocate
. Hill-Holly building is now on the National Register of Historic Places. Guided tours by appointment.