Sleep Inn & Suites
3805 Reid Street
Palatka, FL 32177
Phone: (386) 325-8889
Fax: (386) 325-7779
3805 Reid Street, Palatka, FL, US, 32177
- Phone: (386) 325-8889
- Fax: (386) 325-7779
At Ravine State Gardens Park, nature lovers will find vast fieldstone terraces, rock gardens and cypress trees framing a breathtaking assortment of azaleas, palm trees and ornamental plants. On the nature trails, walkers can cross a suspension bridge through native Floridian flora and espy the crystal clear water of two natural springs. The park features jogging, hiking and biking trails in addition to the ornamental gardens. Meetings, weddings and special events are held in the park's civic center complex. Do not miss the impressive Azalea Festival, held each spring. Open daily from 8a onwards.
Ravine Gardens State Park was established in 1933, though the gorge was formed eons ago by the St. Johns River. It was the brainchild of the Works Progress Administration who created the landscaped gardens, cypress structures, water features and stone terraces. Today it also features picnic spots, pavilions, a civic center, an amphitheater, interpretive displays, restrooms, kids playground, hiking trails, restrooms and gazebos. They also offer a 45 minute wagon tour of the park. Pets are allowed in here.
This three story, Georgian house is flanked by heavy matching end-wall chimneys and features a steeply pitched gable roof accented by a paladin window and a half gabled verandah supported by Greek Doric columns. The house is now the home of the Palatka Art League, an artists and artisians cooperative gallery which is open to the public the 3rd Friday of each month for an art show.
Also known as the Judge Isaac H. Bronson House or the Sunny Point, it is a historic site in Palatka, Florida. Built in the year 1854, it is currently owned by the city of Palatka. It is maintained and run as a museum by Putnam County Historical Society, and is open for public visits. It is a two story structure with white exteriors, huge porches with pillars on all sides, and a wooden gable roof.
This historic church was the traditional house of worship for early immigrants known collectively as "Minorcans" which actually consisted of Spaniards, Greeks, and Italians, as well as Minorcans.
Located within the Mount Royal Airpark on the banks of the St Johns River, Mount Royal is a Native American burial site believed to have been built between 1250 and 1500 CE. The site comprises numerous small and large mounds, and the findings were based on extensive excavations conducted in the mid-18th, late-19th and 20th Centuries.