Sleep Inn & Suites
3411 US Highway 165
Pineville, LA 71360
Phone: (318) 640-8505
Fax: (318) 640-3405
A big variety of entertainment is available at this family amusement center that features two go-cart tracks, 18 holes of miniature golf, a batting cage, and a game room with over 30 of the most recent video and arcade games available. A popular spot for birthday parties. Full concession stand is also on site.
A wonderful indoor play place for children of all ages, Jump-N-Jive is filled with large inflatable jumpers and slides, a 30 foot climbing cage and plenty of open space to just run around. Excellent birthday party packages that include special party rooms and a private diva area for dressing up and singing with friends are available. All parties are private and you must book in advance. There are some open play times during the week for toddlers and children after school. Please call for a schedule before you go.
Situated near the Red River in Pineville, Forts Randolph & Buhlow State Historic Site is a Civil War site that is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The fort's construction was completed in 1865, and was commanded and supervised by Cpt. Christopher M. Randolph and Lt. Alphonse Buhlow respectively, and the sites are named in their honor. Now the site is a major tourist attraction and represents the Civil War history. Its visitor center chronicles information and material pertaining to the Civil War Red River Campaign.
Mt. Olivet Chapel was established in 1857, and is believed to be one of the oldest structures in Pineville. The chapel functioned as a church at the time of its inception. The land adjacent to the chapel, spanning across seven acres (2.83 hectares), is used as a burial ground. One hall of the chapel is used by the Episcopal Diocese of Western Louisiana as a Diocesan House. It underwent renovation in 2008. Mt. Olivet Chapel and Cemetery were added to the National Register of Historical Places in 2000.
Arna Wendell Bontemps House is the child hood home of the celebrated writer, Arna Bontemps. This author was an important part of the Harlem Renaissance that contributed further to the African American literary scene. This Queen Anne style designed home has also featured in the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
Standing for The Rapides Exploratory Education House (T.R.E.E. House), this wonderful museum is designed for children of all ages who will love learning and experimenting with math, science, and the world around them through hands-on, interactive exhibits.
A medium-sized public library serving Rapides Parish County in central Louisiana, this library provides information, cultural, educational, and recreational materials that include books, reference materials, magazines, newspapers, and audiovisual media.
Built in 1907 as a library, with funds from the Andrew Carnegie Foundation, and listed on the National Historic Register, this extensive genealogical resource includes colonial archives and French and Spanish records for the Louisiana territory. A historical and educational museum, as well as a Louisiana history museum are also on site.
Formerly the City Park Zoo, the Alexandria Zoo started in the year 1926. Currently, maintained by the Division of Public Works, it features nearly 500 animals. A participant of the important Species Survival Plans (SSP), the zoo also has special areas that are designed to give a feel of different habitats like African Experience and Louisiana Habitat. It also hosts several events throughout the year.
One of the oldest standing structures in the central Louisiana, this French Creole plantation house anchors a complex of authentic Antebellum buildings and contains numerous exhibits that depict Louisiana history and plantation life from 1795 to 1855. Tours are available.
Overlooking the beautiful Red River, this scenic park has numerous features including a three lane boat launch, a 150-foot floating wharf, an outdoor amphitheater, three picnic shelters, 22 picnic tables, barbecue grills, hiking trails, and a children's playground.
Built five miles from Marksville on the Red River, the Hypolite Bordelon house is a perfect example of the early Louisiana Creole style of architecture. Some members of the Bordelon family lived in the house until 1941. Listed on the National Historic Register because of its architectural and historical significance, this restored home is furnished with pieces from the 1820s to 1940s. It is open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.