Sleep Inn & Suites
2869 Lincoln Hwy
Ronks, PA 17572
Phone: (717) 687-5226
Fax: (717) 687-5166
Old Main, Goethean Hall and Diagnothian Hall together form the main buildings of Franklin & Marshall College. One of the oldest institutions for higher education in the United States, the buildings were designed in distinct Gothic Revival style. Built in between 1854 and 1857, by Dixon, Balburnie and Dixon, the buildings are of great importance since they not only represent the progress of education in the country but also highlight the evolving style of American architecture.
Ephrata Commercial Historic District is a historic district comprising of 36 structures that features the Queen Anne and Italianate style architectures. This district is built upon 15.3 acres (6.2 hectares) of land. The Eagle Hotel here is considered as one of the oldest constructions, along with it the Richard Heitler House, J.W. Yost Liquor Store, Ephrata Railroad Station, U.S. Post Office are all part of this area and add to the beauty.
Dating back to 1830, this historical church features a one-and-a-half story brownstone, rectangular building designed in the Gothic Revival style. Covered by a steep, slate gable roof and steeple, the church also features Gothic arch art glass windows. There is also a one-story, Greek Revival style, three-bay school building. A cemetery within the complex is home to approximately 325 gravestones dating as far back as the Revolutionary War. The Bangor Episcopal Church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Spread over 43 acres (17 hectares) of land, the Ercildoun is a village that holds the population of about 80 to 100. Still the same in it's beauty as it was before the Civil war, the Ercildoun is a peaceful village and is as natural in it's beauty as it was. The village still stands prominent in it's historic beauty and attracts the people to visit this place at least once in a life time.
The Elverson Historic District features 133 buildings comprising of a district of a variety of residential, commercial and institutional buildings in the eorgian and Gothic Revival. Prominent among them is 'The Bank House', train station, Blue Rock Hotel, The Springfielf School, etc. This district is a great tourist destination and was listed on the National Register of historic sites.
Donegal Presbyterian Church Complex is located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The historic church was built in 1732 and is a one and a half story, three bay by five bay building. There is also a cemetery in the vicinity of the church building which is enclosed in a rough hewn stone wall built in 1791. The church has a Federal style of architecture and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 2, 1985.
The Embreeville Historic District spread over 65 acres (26 hectares) of land, features various stone buildings and the houses of the early days. These buildings consists of farmhouse, shopkeeper's homes, stores, houses of blacksmith and a grist mill, etc. This district also features a mansion, and is a great attraction to the people.
Virginville Historic District is located in Richmond Township. Its historic significance dates back to 1874. The district covers around 80 historic structures and major landmarks of the area; both residential as well as on-residential. It was added to the National register of Historic Places in 2000.