501 South Blackstock Road
Spartanburg, SC 29301
Phone: (864) 595-4040
Fax: (864) 595-4050
501 South Blackstock Road, Spartanburg, SC, US, 29301
- Phone: (864) 595-4040
- Fax: (864) 595-4050
The Northwest Recreation Center is run by the city of Spartanburg's Parks and Recreation department. Whether these events and year-round programs are indoors, outdoors, something educational, recreational or otherwise, the center is an asset to everyone, young and old, for the betterment of their community. The recreation center itself features a basketball-court gym, two multi-purpose rooms, assembly and meeting area, computer lab, and weight room. Some of the programs include a summer day camp, dog obedience, computer classes, and reading programs.
Morgan Square is in the center of downtown Spartanburg. Located in the city's historic district, this public-space is host to many local events.
Denny's Plaza in downtown Spartanburg is an open-air park that features local events.
Hot Spot Skate Park is first concrete park in the state of South Carolina. Opened on June 3, 2009, this skate park spans a total of 21,000 square feet (1950.963 square meters) of concrete featuring street skate structures as well as traditional style boarding ramps. These and other structures throughout make for some creative skate tricks. The facility is operated by Spartanburg's Park and Recreation department. Skate lessons are offered every Wednesday, and skaters must sign a liability waiver.
Championship 18 hole, par 72 golf course that features Bermuda fairways and grills and offers both walking paths and golf carts. A driving range, grill, and well stocked pro shop are also on site.
Beautiful 18 hole, par 72 golf course that features bent grass greens and offers a challenge to golfers of all skill levels. A driving range, swimming pool, and fully stocked pro shop are also on site and a variety of golf packages are available.
Designed by renowned architect Tom Jackson, this championship 18 hole, par 72 golf course features plush bent grass and includes a driving range, putting greens, a full service clubhouse, and a fully equipped pro shop.
Cleveland Park was opened to the public in 1928 by the Cleveland family. The entire area covers 122 acres (49.37 hectares) of land near downtown Greenville and along the the Reedy River. Picnic shelters, fitness trail, volleyball and tennis courts, softball field, and playgrounds are all scattered throughout the park. Specific attractions in the park include the Greenville Zoo, Rock Quarry Garden, Fernwood Nature Trail and Vietnam Veterans Memorial.