111 Village Dr.
State College, PA 16803
Phone: (814) 235-1020
Fax: (814) 235-1388
A shelter for all seekers of literature, art, and culture, the Schlow Centre Region Library has been serving the local community of State College for years. Originally opened as the State College Public Library, this library boasts an impressive book and media collection, which is housed inside an excellently equipped two-story structure. The library also believes in providing a cultural education, and thus plays host to numerous cultural programs like live concerts and art exhibitions. See the website or call to know more.
The headquarters for the Centre County Historical Society. The Mansion, the ironmaster's residence for Centre Furnace, has been restored and is furnished to reflect the period of residency of ironmaster Moses Thompson and his family, 1842-1891. A mansion in miniature, identical to the original and scaled one inch to one foot, is on permanent display.
Family fun center offering skiing, golfing, driving range, go carts and much more. Great for birthday parties, picnics and company functions.
Tasting and sales of award winning wines on Mount Nittany. Wine making tours are offered and cover the entire winemaking process and then is followed by a visit to the tasting room where several wines are available for tasting and purchase.
Designed in the Federal style of architecture, the Bellfonte Forge House is a beautiful historic home and is also referred to as John Dunlop House. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, it remains intact and well-preserved.
The William Thomas House is a historic structure which had two sections that were built around 1785 and 1834. Constructed with Georgian style of architecture, the house is made of limestone. This beautiful building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
Gamble Mill is known by many names like Lamb Mill, Thomas Mill, Wagner Mill, and Bellefonte Flouring Mill and is located in Bellefonte, Centre County, Pennsylvania. It is a historic flour mill that was constructed in 1894, and features three-and-a-half stories. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in August 1, 1975.
The District Center for Centre, Clearfield, Mifflin and Juniata Counties, the Centre County Library and Historical Museum supports three branch libraries in Aaronsburg, Centre Hall and Philipsburg, Pennsylvania. Materials and services available at Centre County Library System libraries include books for all ages, periodicals, CDs, DVDs, children
Located in the historic Miles-Humes home, the Pennsylvania Room & Historical Museum has a specialized collection of over 3,000 volumes of genealogies, church and cemetery records, original Centre County records, local newspapers, vertical files containing items of historical and genealogical interest, historical and genealogical periodicals and the Spangler Collection of data on families of central Pennsylvania. The historical museum features documents, photographs, family memorabilia, and other items of interest to local families and historians.
Largest Philatelic Library featuring stamp displays, sales, and tours.
Iron furnance community circa 1810-1921 with restored mansion, furnace and worker's cabin.
Penn's Cave was originally discovered by the Seneca Indians ages ago. It opened as a commercial show cavern when the Penn's Cave Hotel was constructed in 1885. From 1920s onwards, the structure began to be used as the Penn’s Cave House, offering meals to tourists and a ticketing office. Tours of the cavern are carried out by boat or motor vehicle; they give visitors a glimpse of beautiful rock formations and cascading water. The 1,600 acres (647.49 hectares) of natural beauty around Penn's Cave have been preserved as an ecological site.